Thursday, May 24, 2007

No, I'm not the one behind the Draft Forgy site

Two reporters have contacted me in the last couple of days asking me if I was the one behind the "Draft Forgy" site. Why are they asking me? Well, I have always been a Forgy supporter, but the reason was that, apparently (I still have not seen the site), the site uses the same design template as mine--with the same colors.

The design template used on my site is one of blogspot.com's preset templates, so anyone setting up a blogspot site can use it. In fact, I have come across a couple of sites in the last year that use the same template.

The other thing is this: I don't think it would be a good idea for Forgy to run against a man who is the Republican leader in the U. S. Senate, who exercises almost unchallenged authority in the state party (although some of the luster has come off with the Northup defeat), and who has a highly formidible campaign warchest. To paraphrase something Forgy once said to me on another situation, any friend of Forgy's who urges him to run against McConnell is not his friend. Forgy was wise to indicate (assuming the report I saw today is true) that he is not interested.

So, no, I am not the one behind the site. Furthermore, you guys who are, I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but would you please get another design for your site?

No comments: