Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Palin: the Democrat's tar baby

In the Uncle Remus stories, B'rer Fox makes a trap for the arrogant and excitable B'rer Rabbit: a tar baby. B'rer Rabbit finds him along the road, says "Howdy", and when the tar baby doesn't respond, B'rer Rabbit gets mad and finally punches him. When his hand gets stuck, he hits with the other hand. When both his hands get stuck, he kicks, at which point he is completely subsumed in the stuff . The more he struggles with the tar baby, the more stuck he gets.

The Democrats would do well to review their children's literature. The more they attack Sarah Palin, the worse they look. Other than Obama's appeal to lay off Palin's personal life, they haven't made a good political decision in two weeks, and the McCain campaign has made a whole string of them.

They will wake up one morning and kick themselves for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin,

You are right. The democrats ought to be focusing their campaign on McCain. He's the one running for president, after all. And he's the one who has virtually nothing to offer except more of the same.

Lee said...

More of the same what?

Anonymous said...

My new favorite quote: "I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time," - Senator John McCain, October, 2007.

Maybe McCain should stop attacking his running mate as well... oh wait, that was before he chose Palin. How things change.

Lee said...

I suppose, anonymous, someone is going to have to explain the difference between a party's number two candidate being inexperienced in foreign affairs, and another party's number one candidate having the same inexperience.

After all, I never realized liberals admire Dick Cheney so much. Maybe he needed to be the nominee.

Anonymous said...

Martin,

You buffoon, you know right well democrats would never lower themselves to read that racist slime Br'er Rabbit.