Let's explain how this process works:
1. Bored reporter sits at his desk looking for what to write about that day;Of course, it's nothing of the kind. Yeah, he needs to return the money (I can't imagine he won't), but I'm also personally planning (barring any good reason not to) on voting for the guy.
2. Bored reporter thinks about what he can say about the Rand Paul campaign that hasn't already been said;
3. Bored reporter turns up something which could possibly attract attention: a donation to a conservative candidate from the founder of a porn website.
4. No longer bored reporter calls me (known conservative) for a response;
5. Me says "Well, he can't control who he gets contributions from, and we're confident he'll return it," along with a few other brief comments;
6. Positively enthusiastic reporter writes the story including those comments;
7. Some news sources delete the comments that indicate I think this is not Paul's fault, leaving only the ones that say he should give the money back;
8. Liberal wacko bloggers (I'm thinking specifically of Jake here) spin it as a big fight between me and Paul.