Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ann Rice: "I quit being a human"

Anne Rice who became famous for her vampire novels before announcing she had become Catholic, now says she simply refuses to perpetuate the charade of being human:
It's simply impossible for me to “belong” to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group.
She is now seeking other species with which she can join in solidarity (preferably herbivores) to promote peace and tranquility, and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.

Oh, wait ... Hold on.

Actually, Rice announced that she is renouncing Christianity because it is quarrelsome, hostile, and disputatious. I don't know how I could have become so confused.

Nevermind.

3 comments:

Thomas M. Cothran said...

She did it on facebook. That's how we know she was taking it seriously.

Lee said...

> It's simply impossible for me to “belong” to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group.

How come it's always the other guy who is quarrelsome, hostile, etc? Rice displays an astonishing lack of self-awareness.

Wonderer said...

I was taken back by her comment when I first heard it through the media outlets, but after researching, reading, and listening to exactly what she was saying. The media made it out that she was renouncing God and her faith, but that is not what I heard her say. She said that she was renouncing Christianity or you can say Religion, not her faith. But if you listen to her interview on TV, she stated that she was in the Catholic Religion.

The more I read and watched her the more I agree with her. I too many years ago renounced Christianity/Religion. I like her grew up in religion (she: Catholic, I: Independent Baptist) I quit religion for the same reasons that she quit. After many years of studying, researching, talking with different denominational pastors and leaders, and visiting every church that I could. I came to the conclusion that I was through with religion, instead I would devote my life to a personal relationship with God, not one that was based upon the legalism of man's interpretation and rules that he based upon scriptures.

Just my thoughts...